Perry's Beach Café and Rentals has been an integral part of the Los Angeles beach scene and an icon in the beach community for over 37 years. With nine prime locations throughout Santa Monica and Venice beach, including four open air Cafés, we possess a large array of amenities at your convenience.
We offer an assortment of beach and bicycle rentals, delicious foods with fresh ingredients prepared daily, and a variety of items to satisfy your palate.
Come and relax at one of our lounge areas, eat with friends, get pampered by our Beach Butlers or simply enjoy a bike ride... we have something for everyone!
Perry’s has been sought out as the ideal beach-side location for full-service corporate and private events, holiday parties, weddings, destination tours, birthday parties and volleyball tournaments for more than 30 years. Providing a unique, friendly, open air-environment, Perry’s perfectly exemplifies the California lifestyle. Credible and available 365 days a year, Perry’s staff is available to help you plan your next beach-side event.
- The bicycle Mechanic position is a fun and challenging position that allows you to share your love of bicycles with customers and coworkers. We expect every employee to take initiative and give our customers a helpful and meaningful experience. Also each employee is expected to follow all company policies and procedures and are evaluated on productivity and effectiveness.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- The following reflects the essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned by Management.
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs in a timely manner.
- Communicates with management regarding repair and warranty part needs.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble bicycles
- Keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with any other bike rental duties as needed as time permits.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous bicycle mechanic experience and bicycle knowledge is a must.
- Ability to be autonomous, prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction well.
- Acceptable appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to create an excellent customer and team experience.
- Good time management skills.
- A sense of urgency and ability to hustle.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- High school degree
Benefits and Perks
- One company paid meal per day
- Free parking and uniform