Perry's Beach Café and Rentals has been an integral part of the Los Angeles beach scene and an icon in the beach community for over 37 years. With nine prime locations throughout Santa Monica and Venice beach, including four open air Cafés, we possess a large array of amenities at your convenience.
We offer an assortment of beach and bike rentals, delicious foods with fresh ingredients prepared daily, and a variety of items to satisfy your palate.
Come and relax at one of our lounge areas, eat with friends, get pampered by our Beach Butlers or simply enjoy a bike ride... we have something for everyone!
Perry’s has been sought out as the ideal beach-side location for full-service corporate and private events, holiday parties, weddings, destination tours, birthday parties and volleyball tournaments for more than 30 years. Providing a unique, friendly, open air-environment, Perry’s perfectly exemplifies the California lifestyle. Credible and available 365 days a year, Perry’s staff is available to help you plan your next beach-side event.
The beach butler provides exceptional food service to clients that take advantage of Perry's signature Beach Butler service.
This service is meant to help customers enjoy Santa Monica’s world famous beach like a star, provide even more time to work on their tan, Perry’s Beach Butler service at three of its Santa Monica locations offers a dedicated butler who will setup your beach chair, table and umbrella at a designated time and location, deliver tanning products, chilled beverages and even food so that clients will never have to leave their towel.
When ready to leave, we do the cleanup, so you don’t have to.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Anticipate customer needs and expectations correctly, including those with special needs, and provide appropriate products, services or information.
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
- Prepare and setup client area
- Handle cash transactions with customers
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Meet all reasonable needs and requests of customers within acceptable enterprise time frames.
- Identify and take all opportunities to enhance the quality of service (upselling, guest recognition, Perry’s cafe knowledge)
- Recognize customer dissatisfaction promptly and take action to resolve the situation according to individual level of responsibility and customer feedback/ complaint procedures.
- Offer assistance to colleagues when required, to ensure designated work goals are met.
- Demonstrate trust, support and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
- Conduct communication with customers and colleagues in a polite, professional and friendly manner.
- Practice high standards of personal presentation in accordance with company Grooming and Presentation Standards
- Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required.
- Prepare work area for service utilizing beach butler checklist and as instructed through briefings.
- Prepare and set tables and/or trays according to meal period and customer requirements.
- Provide a link between kitchen and service areas, maintaining an open-line of communication with colleagues.
- Accurately take and process orders.
- Serve and clear food and drinks within required time-frames.
- Provide table service and beverages.
- Maintain good knowledge of menu to answer questions the guests may have.
- Knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist guests when questioned.
- Other duties as required by Management
Qualifications and Skills
About you: The ideal for this position candidate:
- High School graduate
- Excellent customer experience skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of the Food and Beverage service industry
- Prior experience nice to have but not a must
- Great communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
Benefits and Perks
- One company paid meal per day
- Free parking and uniform